I am Kirill Platonov, a software consultant, and indie hacker. I specialize in building and scaling SaaS products and Shopify Apps with Ruby on Rails. I am currently freelancing and building my portfolio of 5 Shopify Apps. If you would like to work with me, send me an email.
Watch mode for Shopify theme app extensions (Oct 26, 2021)
Multiple environments for Shopify theme app extensions (Sep 26, 2021)
Detecting Shopify theme version in Rails (Sep 22, 2021)
Testing Shopify Apps in Rails: Part 1 (Aug 17, 2021)
Prevent opening Rails remote links in new tab (Apr 26, 2019)
My Shopify Apps
FAST Bulk Price Editor: Simple and reliable price editor for Shopify.
FAST Product Color Swatch: Link products of different colors using swatches.
- Returns For Sale: Essential Shopify App for returns liquidation via drip discount. I helped with migration to Turbolinks & JWT, resolved bugs, speed issues, and implemented new features.
- Cook Smarts: Lifesaving meal planning service. I revived their old Ruby on Rails app. Made a full redesign and implemented a huge list of long waited features. A lot of work and a lot of happy users!
- Faculty of Skills: Online soft skills training platform. I participated in platform development and built the new hybrid mobile app with React-Native and Turbolinks.
- Busfor: The largest bus ticket selling platform in Eastern Europe acquired by BlaBlaCar. As a team leader and later CTO I participated in Ruby on Rails monolith development and built a mobile app with React-Native.
- Polaris ViewComponents: ViewComponents for Polaris Design System.
- Hotwire Livereload: Automatically reload Turbo on views changes.
- Shopify Graphql: Less painful way to use Shopify Graphql API in Ruby.
- Shopify Hotwire Sample: A sample of the next-gen SSR Shopify app.
- Dirty Form: Tiny JS library to track unsaved form changes.
- Ruby Proxy Manager: My first OSS gem to rotate proxies in parsers/bots.